AGENCY: IDN South Africa
CLIENT NAME: AfroCentric Health: Switchlab Innovation Program
AfroCentric Health has been providing healthcare administration services and health risk management solutions to South Africa’s leading medical aids and corporates for over 40 years.
1. Launch the new and improved Switchlab Innovation Program to the AfroCentric Health employees, as Innovation is one AfroCentric Health’s 5 strategic objectives.
2. Foster a creative environment and leverage innovative ideas across all business units through the Switchlab Innovation Program that will drive commercial growth and generate value for AfroCentric Health.
3. Establish Switchlab as a structured recognition and rewards program to encourage employees to participate and submit innovative ideas and improvements.
Switchlab energises employees to focus on innovation; delivering real value and diversified commercial opportunities.
It encourages all employees to submit ideas resulting in material difference to the business in the hope of qualifying for cash rewards (up to half a million ZAR)
The core strapline is ‘Where ideas spark change’. The creative is premised on change being the catalyst for innovation. Switchlab’s intent is to explosively enable an innovative culture.
The creative brief: Be innovative, explosive, and disruptive i.e. radically different to all internal communication. Differentiate, fascinate then stimulate.
Each medium had specific messaging tailored to the time, channel, employee segment, placement and execution.
– Posters & hanging mobiles for offices, foyers, pause areas and canteens with integrated QR codes & AR tags
– A Front End Website, pre-login environment with all the Switchlab content
– A back-end Idea Engine, a whitelabelled version of 5th Dimension’s proprietary Horizon Idea Management System© for submitting, evaluating and rewarding ideas
– Email newsletters & Desktop wallpapers
– Branded Desk Coaster Calendar with AR tags to Switchlab video content,& QR codes
– 3D & 2D decals on elevators, foyer walls, windows & stairs
– Branding at staff traffic points with differentiated messaging
250 entries, with 75 rewarded and 20 approved for Phase 2 and beyond
322 unique users, 438 ideas generated, 416 entries submitted for evaluation in the first cycle, 229 rewarded, 72 quick wins implemented and 31 ideas progressing into Phase 2
The costs for the period was R485 000, against commercial value (revenue generated & cost savings initiated) of R16.3 million, which is the highest value generated by a Switchlab cycle. This represents a cost of program (COP) of less than 3.1% and an ROI of 32.6.
Front end website; Back end Idea Management System off a web portal; SMS; MMS; Email; Desktop wallpaper; Augmented reality tags; QR codes; AR channel application; Wall decals; Window decals; Stairway and step decals; Elevator decals; Hanging mobiles; Posters (A1, A0, A4); Cladding on turnstiles, booms and balconies; Roadshow; Video; Podcasts; Annual recognition ceremony; Coasters; Gifts; Branded apparel;